Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm off to DC!

I'm off for a quick trip to DC to participate in an anti war rally and march. I know, I know. I can just hear the groans from you conservative Republicans! However, I am a diehard liberal, and I just can't help it. Besides, it will make me feel young. The last time I was in an anti war march, I was in my twenties - or maybe my thirties. (60's radicals don't have very good memories!)

When I get back, I'll tell you all about it. (If you don't want to hear about it, just don't visit the blog that day.) I'll bring pictures - including one of me in my famous vest from the 60's.


Of course, I may not get back, because I might freeze to death. I checked the weather for the time I'm there, and the highs are in the 30's with lows in the 20s! And to think I used to live there. I don't know how my little southern body managed.

By the way, I started keeping statistics on the blog. We had over 250 hits in a week - not bad!

Peace!

3 comments:

Champions Time Travel Baseball League said...

Whiner.... :)

It was 19 in "wonderful" N KY this morning.....

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping when Casey gets back she'll tell us she was embarrassed to be associated with that thing.

Anonymous said...

I, too, marched not long ago but in NYC...prior to November. I stood near the front, just a few feet from the speakers: Jessie Jackson, the young men back from Iraq and leading a movment to end this war..."Iraqi Veterans Against the War". I was proud to be a part of the history of this country where the people can say "enough is enough" and allowed to show their concern by participating in a peaceful march. So, Casey, I'm happy for you and proud of you.