- True Improved Value is the value of your house.
- True Land Value is the value of your land.
- True Value is the value of your house and land combined.
- Assessed Value is 10% of the True Value and is what your taxes are based on.
- You pay taxes for the county and for the school district - plus the city if you live in Natchez. All three together add up to .1662, unless someone raises taxes.
- Multiple your Assessed Value by .1662 to determine your taxes.
- Then subtract your homestead exemption.
Don't forget the Mayor & Board of Aldermen meet Tuesday at 6 pm. I hope to be on the Agenda about the raises, and I requested it in time. We'll see!